Smart Irrigation System is a cost-effective water pumping system for irrigation. In this project, we have used a Soil moisture sensor to detects soil moisture levels. This data from the sensor is sent to the Arduino Uno. Based on the collected information, the Arduino decides either to start or to stop the pump motor.
Working of Smart Irrigation System:
Here we have made a smart watering system using Arduino as the main controller with other sensors.
- Arduino UNO
- Soil Moisture sensor
- Connecting wires
- 5V DC water pump
- 5V Battery
- 5V relay module
The smart irrigation system or automatic plant watering system is the solution to the modern era. We are using Arduino to control and sense the data from sensors. The Arduino will measure the moisture level using a soil moisture sensor. The soil moisture sensor is a resistor that works on moisture conditions. When the moisture is more than the resistance value will be low and when the moisture is less then the resistance value will be high.
If the soil moisture level is less than the desired value the Arduino will turn ON the relay module that will turn ON the DC water pump. The water pump will remain turn ON until the moisture level of the soil reaches the desired value. After that, the pump will be turned OFF by Arduino.
You may like to read Smart water Distribution System
Circuit Diagram and Connections:
We have followed the following connections in our project
- Connect the VCC of the soil moisture sensor to the 5V pin of the Arduino UNO.
- Connect the GND of the sensor to the GND pin of the Arduino UNO.
- Connect the analog data pin of the sensor to the A0 pin of the Arduino UNO.
- Connect the VCC pin of the relay module to the 5V pin of the Arduino UNO board
- Connect the GND pin of the relay module to the GND pin of the Arduino UNO board
- Connect the signal pin of the relay module to pin 2 of the Arduino UNO board.
- Connect the positive wire of the battery to the COM terminal of the relay module.
- Connect the positive wire of the water pump to the NO pin of the relay module.
- Connect the negative wire of the battery to the negative wire of the water pump.
Coding (Smart Irrigation System)
if(moistureLevel>980) //we can select the moisture level by selecting the different values and take which is suitable