Demand for hand sanitizer around the globe has increased after the coronavirus. Hand Sanitizers are usually used by pressing the pump with hand. This can cause an increase in the spread of the virus because many peoples are in contact with that. There are many hands sanitizer in the market but this project is cost-effective and can be made easily at home.
Working and Explanation
we have made an automatic hand sanitizer using an IR sensor and Transistor without using Arduino. This project is very simple and cost effective.
These are components used in Automatic hand sanitizer project
- IR sensor
- DC water pump
- 9V battery
- 1 Kohm resistor
When some will place his hand in front of the IR sensor, the IR sensor will give an output signal to the data pin connected to the transistor’s signal pin. The signal from the IR sensor will turn the transistor on that will turn on the DC water pump motor. The motor will remain turn on until the hand is present in front of the sensor. when the hand will be removed there will be no signal from the IR sensor for the transistor so the DC water pump will turn off.
You may like to read How to make Smart Irrigation System using Arduino
Circuit Diagram of Automatic hand sanitizer
We have used Following connection for design
- Connect the negative terminal of the battery to the GND pin of the IR sensor.
- Connect the positive terminal of the battery to the VCC pin of the IR sensor.
- Connect the negative terminal of the battery to the neutral wire of the water pump.
- Connect the Phase wire of the DC water pump to the 2nd pin of the transistor.
- Connect the 1st terminal of the transistor to the positive terminal of the battery
- Connect the 1K resistor at the 3rd pin of the transistor.
- Connect the other end of 1K to the Out pin of the IR sensor.
The automatic hand sanitizer can be used at various public places for virus infection prevention. This is cost effective, eco friendly and can be designed easily at home.